Tuesday, August 31, 2010
This is another page from my MDS calendar and so easy to put together. I tried to keep the pages relatively simple because I wanted to get it done! Some of the pages are a little more involved but I had to throw a few of those in there as well:)
If you have any questions about My Digital Studio or anything else, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for stopping by today.
Don't forget - today is the last day to order from the Summer Mini Catalogue and the last day to become a demonstrator and receive all your orders in September expedited - that's only 2 days from when it ships! Awesome new service SU! is offering to Canadians now!
Click here to order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7!
Click here to become a demonstrator - authorization code is SHPKSTAMPER!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Before I go into the details of this page - I just wanted to mention that the Creative Artwork Kit paypal button has been fixed for those of you who tried to purchase it and it wouldn't work. It should go through now - sorry about that!
This was another page from our MDS calendar. These photos were taken of at a really cool park in Fort Saskatchewan. It's a combination spray park and regular park. On the day we went it was too cold to play in the water but the kids were happy to play in the playground. The photos don't show much of the play centre but it is very unique. I'm not sure why we don't see more of these types of playgrounds around - this is the only one like it that I've seen. It is great for the 'in between' ages. When the kids are big enough to do pretty much everything on a normal playground but not 'too cool' to still have fun at a playground!
Off to get some work done before it's time to pick up the kids. Have a wonderful weekend!
Click here to order Stampin' Up! product online 24/7!
As mentioned in a previous post, I've been working a lot in MDS (My Digital Studio) lately. One of the things that I've been working on is our 2011 calendar. I'm happy to say that it is now done! I just needed the photos from today to be added in. This is the September layout. I completely cased it from a layout I saw in the Scrapbooks etc. magazine. Even though this layout is done digitally, it could easily be duplicated with actual paper supplies. It uses the Playdate designer series paper (117168) and the coordinating rub-ons (118760). I love the simplicity of the layout.
Hope you like it, I have lots more digital layouts to share with you over the next few weeks.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Click here to order the digital downloads or papercrafting supplies to create this layout here.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
To view the Clearance Rack:
- Visit my website here
- Click Shop Now in the top right
- Click Clearance Rack in the left column
- Shop away!
There are some great deals and definitely some that I will be picking up - to good to pass up!
Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, August 27, 2010
On to the card... This card is CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything) from the card on page 184 of the Idea Book & Catalogue. That's one of the things I LOVE about our catalogues - they are full of so many inspiring ideas that you can either use as a starting point or copy exactly. I did make some modifications because I didn't want it to say hi so I replaced that with the #7 and I really wanted to incorporate the owl punch (LOVE IT) so I changed that up a bit. But the layout is pretty much the same.
The next thing to decide was the colours I wanted to use. Eathan's favourite colour is red so I knew that I wanted to incorporate it. So I checked which dsp I had that had some red in it but wasn't too feminine. The piece that I chose is from the Love Letter paper pack and is Riding Hood Red. So then I went to my colour coach and looked at the colour combinations listed on that card. Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray and More Mustard with a splash of black are the colours I decided on. Another colour combination that I never would have used if it wasn't for the amazing colour coach!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
It showcases several products from the Holiday Mini which will be available September 1st. This was a really quick card - check out my video for details!
Monday, August 23, 2010
We've got a full week this week but I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things by posting a bit more often. I have been working in my craft room creating lots with the upcoming holiday mini products and preparing for upcoming workshops and events. So I have several things to share with you and some that will be saved for workshops only:0
The project I have for you today is one that I did at my open house in July. I love creating little 3x3 cards. They are quick and easy and great for jotting down just a little note. I am really not a fan of yellow - but I have used the new Daffodil Delight so much. I can't say that I love it - it is yellow - but it works so well with so many different colours that it is really easy to incorporate into your projects.
After the open house I always package up any leftover make & takes and set them aside. I like to try to use them to create a different project. That's how the second card I'm sharing came about. It uses all the same supplies but looks completely different, don't you think? This also uses the Sweet Treat cups that I used the other day on the pig card.
I don't know if you noticed that when I use the treat cups, I almost always have a tab sticking out. This is really one of your best options if you don't want the person to whom you've given the card to have to rip into the card in order to get the goodies out. I used this as one of the incentives for my downline for June sales. I had added some of our wonderful rhinestone and pearl jewels to the cup for them.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
- Body - 3" circle cut from Circle Scissor Plus (112530)
- Head - 1-3/4" circle punch (119850)
- Snout - 3/4" circle punch (119873)
- Eyes & Nostrils - 1/2" circle punch (119869)
- Pupils - 1/8" circle punch (retired), or small punch from Crop-a-Dile (108362)
- Legs - Word Window punch (119857)
- Ears - 5-petal punch (119880)
I love using these little sweet treat cups (116802) and it's fun to come up with different ways to use them. Janet Wakeland, a wonderful demonstrator from the states, shared with us 100 different ways to use these little cups. Incredible!
SWEET CUP IDEAS
By Janet Wakeland/Sr. Director, Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
1. Bird stamp – bird seed
2. Snowman stamp – fake snow, glitter, snow confetti
3. Medallion stamp – potpourri
4. Create a Snow globe
5. Bath Confetti
6. Princess Party Treats
8. Small toy prizes
9. Office supplies - Rubber bands, paper clips, etc.
10. Chocolate – in case of emergency
11. Extreme Guitar – guitar picks
12. Valentines – punched small hearts
13. School days – die cut our Billboard or other small alphabet
14. Wedding – rice or birdseed
15. Get well – chicken soup
16. Birthday- candle, balloon
17. Birthday day – sprinkles
18. Bird = feathers
19. Gel = Water/tank – fish
20. Latte – coffee beans
21. Dog treats – bones
22. Cats – catnip, treats
23. Baby = earplugs, diaper pins, rattle
24. Tools – nuts, bolts, small nails, etc.
25. New House – nuts, bolts, small nails, etc
26. Collage – postage stamps
27. Clock – clock pieces
28. Frog – flies
29. Halloween – spiders, small bats, candy
30. Christmas – jingle bells
31. Pirate – eye patch
32. Gardening images – seeds, petals, potpourri
33. Surf‟s up – sand
34. Crafter – buttons, brads, ribbon, etc
35. Turn into Blue Ribbon
36. Money rolled or folded to fit/coins
38. Attach two together – ball game or ornaments
39. Poke out front of cards, front of gift bags, front of mini album
40. Pennies in pocket (Made 2 last)
41. Animal Crackers – animal stamps/gummy bears
42. Mini travel packs – sunscreen, Band-Aids, etc –
43. Flour, salt, sugar, spices, etc – VOILA
44. 5 Kernel Thanksgiving story – turkey
45. Mighty hunter – redneck – 22‟s
46. Ketchup/Mustard packets – voila..
47. Tickets to a game/play/museum, etc.
48. Snowman – some assembly required – put twigs,
hat, nose, etc in cup
49. WANDERING WORDS- SMALL LEAVES,
REINDEER DUST, SMALL HEARTS
50. “Poops” REINDEER, SNOWMAN, ETC.
51. Cold & Cuddly – hot cocoa, marshmallows in cup
52. You‟re how old – numbers in cup
53. Simply adorned smallest charm will fit in cup
54. Put over box – cut slit –make into savings/donation box
55. Center of flower folds largest flower
56. Cake topper – pop up cake
57. Sides of ball die
58. Center of lattice dies
59. Embossed roses – potpourri
60. Magic Reindeer Food – Oatmeal/glitter
61. Memorabilia Scrapbooks
62. Replace o in words – YOU, LOVE, MOM, POP, etc.
63. Fit inside loop of B, P, etc.
64. Photo ornament – scallop circles, cording, etc.
65. Brads/buttons/ribbon pieces/embellishments
66. Any stamp image that fits 1/ ¾ „ circle
67. Use in center of punch shape animals – turkey body, pig body, puppy body, etc.
68. Postage stamps
69. Mini sewing kit
70. Tea Time – tea bags
71. Build a Bear – put pieces of clothes in cup
72. DSP as background inside cup – leave cup empty
73. Make your own necklace/bracelet – put beads,
string, clasps in cup
74. Put rub-on‟s on cup
75. Push brads through cup to embellish cup itself
76. Create Removable /slide for project so items can be easily removed w/o ruining card/page/tag etc.
77. Punch through basket – add grass, mini eggs, jelly
78. Nuts – “I‟m nuts about you”
79. Dice/game pieces
80. Sports – mini footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, etc.
81. Hero – Stars – mini medals
82. Scout badges
83. Lots of Bots – nuts/bolts/screws, etc.
84. Voila Set – place on chef‟s tray
85. Use as Ball – make inside look soccer, basketball, etc.
86. Hair bows, clips, bobby pins
87.Keys to car
88.Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds – perfect place for a ring!
89. Shaker Cards
90. All in the family – people/accessories
91. Use for bug collections
93. Small punches such as our star punch will fit
94. Music notes
95. Greetings/verses for hostess/guests/team members
96. Let verse in stamp set or quote inspire the contents
97. Door prize tickets
98. Booking board
99. Lollipop cover
100. Use with Sweet Centers (116521), Sweetheart (CM 120780/WM 120415) and Something Sweet (CM 118589/WM 117688) stamp sets!
Thanks for stopping by - I hope I've inspired you to use our Sweet Treat Cups!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
SU! just announced some new digital downloads that I thought I would share with you. I've been playing with MDS (My Digital Studio) a lot lately. I'm working on a wedding album for a Bridal Fair I'm doing in November and trying to get a couple calendars done for Christmas gifts. I love using MDS for gifts. If this is something you are curious about, let me know I'd be happy to sit down with you and give you a quick lesson on just some of the things you can do with it. It really is incredibly versatile.
Did you know that we have a Digital Starter Kit? Check out details here. With Christmas right around the corner - you know it's going to sneak up on us like it does every year - this is the best way to go. If you plan on creating calendars or books as gifts you could easily meet your first quarterly minimum! I'd love to share with you how this can be done. Just email me and we can chat. And remember if you sign up before the end of August, I will give you the new Colour Coach absolutely free!
On to the new digital downloads:
Striped Grosgrain Ribbon Colour Pack - 122157 - $5.95
- Brights - 123367 - $2.95
- Subtles - 123374 - $2.95
- Regals - 123381 - $2.95
Neutrals - 123388 - $2.95
Playdate Designer Series Paper - 121438 - $6.95
Play Date Quick Accents Kit - 123432 - $7.95
Friday, August 6, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
A Touch of Class - Tuesday August 17th @ 7pm
This is a monthly card class, great for beginner stampers and experienced stampers. We will create 3 cards using the latest Stampin' Up! product. Class fee is $15 and includes all supplies, including envelopes. Please RSVP by August 15th.
Party This Way Class - Friday August 20th at 1:30pm OR 7pm
Come create 4 birthday cards using the stamp set Party this Way (page 53). The class fee includes the stamp set and supplies to create all 4 cards. Want to make more than 4 cards - each additional set of 4 cards is only $5. This is a great class to introduce your child, niece, nephew or grandchild to stamping! Let them try something new and spend some quality time together!
Payment and registration must be received no later than August 6th so that supplies can be ordered. Please specify clear/wood mount and class preference when registering. Finished cards are available for purchase at $20 per set of 4, plus $4.95 for shipping if required.
Simply Adorned Class - Wednesday August 25th 7pm
Charm or Frame Option
Have you see our Simply Adorned line yet? These are the perfect showcase for your artistic talents! At this class you have the option to create 10 inserts for your Simply Adorned charm or create the beautiful insert for a 9x9 frame shown above, which is made from inserts for the charm!
To register for any of these classes simply email me with the class, time and method of payment and I will add you to the list.